Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Manager
Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The Receptionist holds a most important position at JNR Incorporated, as they provide the first impression of the company. While greeting every guest, and answering all incoming calls, they are setting the tone for a welcoming and accommodating experience. Clerical responsibilities also include handling, sending and receiving packages, and supporting office staff with general correspondence and tasks.
- Perform routine office tasks necessary for the operation and presentation of a professional office as observed by the supervisor.
- Manage the Reception Area and employee kitchen to provide a neat, clean and comfortable environment.
- Greet, assist and announce guests to person(s) being visited.
- Complete any required visitor paperwork, including distribution of parking payment stickers.
- Receive all incoming telephone calls, determine nature of business, and direct callers to appropriate destination.
- Assist with general administrative support.
- Check, respond and reply to general office emails.
- Schedule conference room use on behalf of employees.
- Post daily conference room(s) schedules, notices and office communications as needed.
- Be aware of and follow safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Stay up to date on staff schedules and whereabouts.
- Notify HR and Department Heads/Supervisors, within 30 minutes of daily start time, regarding staff call-in absences or delays. Update and inform other receptionist(s) of same and related information.
- Ensure the reception station is staffed 100% of the time.
- Check office mail and sign for deliveries when necessary. Promptly notifies recipients, via phone and email.
- Ensure kitchen/kitchen appliances are kept neat, clean and stocked, including suite 250.
- As needed, inform Facilities Manager in advance as to reception area and kitchen supply needs and if equipment or appliances are not functioning properly.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of and adhere to organization/project policies, regulations and procedures.
- Keep immediate supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified, potential challenges, and recommend corrective actions.
- Report to work regularly and on time.
- Assist with planning and executing internal HR events.
- Maintain mailroom supplies in stock, facility closet and kitchens.
- Assist Office Coordinator with shopping items for office.
- Work with Office Coordinator on construction projects and internal office items.
- Communicating turnover duties with other front desk receptionist.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Requirements, or Competencies:
- Express a flair for welcoming hospitality.
- Demonstrate professional conduct, performance and appearance.
- Remain composed, attentive, understanding and pleasant.
- Learn and retain company and program information.
- Problem solving capabilities.
- Support fellow staff and a team environment.
- Display organizational and prioritization skills.
- Be adept at using all features of the telephone system, voicemail and company
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear: sit at a desk, work under florescent lighting, and look at a computer for a long period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus