The Executive Director of Community Partnerships identifies potential partners, establishes relationships, and directs strategic activities that strengthen and further Dunwoody’s mission to improve lives through technical education. This position will launch the Career Pathways Program and oversee the development and execution of key programming that will evolve connections within the Twin Cities BIPOC community. This position will be a key informer for inclusion efforts and a key facilitator in connecting industry partners with a diverse workforce.
- Create and conduct needs assessments, with community and industry input, to make programmatic decisions that further the strategic direction of the College
- Prepare, launch, and oversee the execution and expansion of the Career Pathways Program (CPP) at Dunwoody College of Technology
- Develop a comprehensive set of metrics that will measure diversity and inclusion progress against goals for the program and for the College
- Identify, establish, and maintain relationships/agreements with community and industry partners to form pipelines for growth
- Collaborate with officials, business leaders, and community leaders on equitable community workforce development initiatives
- Gather, interpret, and prepare data for studies, reports, and recommendations, including quarterly progress reports
- Create, coordinate, and promote Program Advisory Committee meetings and implement best practices
- Direct the design and development of summer mini-program curriculum and the structure of the mentoring program
- Oversee the recruitment and training of industry mentors
- Assist in raising awareness through public relations and fundraising efforts for the programs and for the institution
- Partner and facilitate with faculty and staff to produce programming used to recruit and prepare CPP students for the workforce
- Provide an advisory perspective to College diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Assure assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget and with sound fiscal control
- Prepare annual budget for department
- Strategic Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level. Makes good decisions. Provides sound advice and problem solution. Provides honest and in-depth analysis on problems and issues. Effectively presents creative ideas of others. Has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work.
- Operating Skills: Makes decisions in a timely manner. Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments. Holds frequent development discussions. Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information. Clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions. Sets clear objectives and measures. Monitors process, progress, and results. Is committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data. Creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective work processes.
- Courage: Has difficult conversations as necessary. Provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others. Is a good judge of talent.
- Energy and Drive: Is action oriented and full of energy for challenging tasks/issues. Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Organizational Positioning Skills: Can maneuver through complex situations effectively and quietly. Is sensitive to how people and organizations function. Anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly.
- Personal/Interpersonal Skills: Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds constructive and effective relationships. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all. Treats direct reports equitably. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best. Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose. Adheres to Dunwoody’s core values. Is widely trusted - Keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Practices attentive and active listening. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself.