$15.00 + Overnight Shift Differential (75¢/hour)
.50¢/hour increase after 3-month and 6-month review
The Overnight Labor Crew is responsible for ensuring proper event set-up and tear-down, and general cleaning of the facility so the spaces are ready for greeting guests between events.
Requirements and Competencies
- Ability to work on projects independently and as a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Follows safety protocols with equipment and materials
- Ability to move quickly throughout the complex when needed
- No minimum education requirements
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1+ years custodial-related experience
Essential Roles (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Set up/tear down of event sets
- Ensure proper storage of all equipment
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness within all areas of the facility, including outdoors
- Perform deep cleaning projects such as: Stripping floors, cleaning stadium seating, etc.
- Provide an overnight security presence within the facility and skywalk
- Use equipment such as pallet jacks, carts, and more depending on the task
- Other duties as assigned by the manager
The Overnight Labor team is scheduled during the overnight shift, which is generally 10:00pm-6:00am, and will include weekends and holidays. A person in this position works approximately 30 hours per week. The average shift is 8 hours per day, but shifts could be as long as 12 hours.
The DECC will provide uniforms as determined by the current labor agreement.
Overnight Labor is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and are exposed to different types of weather and environments. The noise level is usually moderate and occasionally loud. The Overnight Labor team works in varying work spaces based on the needs of each event. The pace will vary and they will need to adapt quickly.
This position will require someone that is able to stand on their feet for many hours at a time, moving quickly to different places based on needs. The Overnight Labor crew will need to use their hands frequently, and be able to see, hear, and speak often. This position will require bending and maneuvering, and also the ability to frequently move and lift up to 40 pounds, and occasionally move up to 100 pounds at times.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
Collective Bargaining Agreement
Please refer to the current Hourly Labor agreement between the Duluth Entertainment Convention Center (DECC) and the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local No. 70, AFL-CIO. The current agreement can be found at www.iuoe70.org
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Type of Position
Type of Employment
Collective Bargaining Agreement