If you are looking for an organization where your gifts, talents, skills, and abilities contribute to a greater cause, join our work at DWC! At DWC we envision a Los Angeles with every woman housed and on a path to personal stability. Our mission is to end homelessness for women in greater Los Angeles through housing, wellness, employment, and advocacy.
DWC is seeking an energetic and highly self-motivated individual to support the Chief Executive Officer through effective leadership, sound judgment, and impeccable organization. This is a well-positioned opportunity to learn the inner workings of a successful nonprofit in a team-oriented environment. This position reports directly to the CEO, supports the executive team and serves as the liaison to the Board of Directors. The Executive Assistant enables the entire Executive Team to work most effectively with internal and external stakeholders. This person works cross-functionally and ensures that communications and strategic decision-making across teams are communicated to the CEO as well as keep Executive Team apprised of key initiatives and projects and jumping in to move things forward wherever necessary. As the Executive Team’s trusted liaison, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with a high degree of emotional intelligence, self-motivation, professionalism, excellent written/verbal communications skills, and exceptional analytical skills. In addition, this person will perform special projects to support the Executive Team.
- Proactively ensure the CEO’s schedule runs smoothly, which involves scheduling appointments, preparing agendas, reports, and handouts prior to meetings, and assisting with follow-up; manage the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar and email.
- Provide high-level administrative support to CEO, preparing professional correspondence, including emailing, copying, preparing documents and reports, conducting various research projects, and creating PowerPoint presentations; extend the CEO’s external reach, identifying key messages and target audiences.
- Support DWC’s Board of Directors by coordinating Board meeting logistics, calendars, board reports, correspondence, and meeting materials; provide clerical support to the Board of Directors, including emailing monthly meeting announcements and agendas, taking Board Meeting and Board Committee Meeting minutes, preparing Board resolutions, preparing and distributing Board Reports, and prioritizing any Board Member inquiries. Support with the on-boarding of new Board Members as well as updating Board Manuals. Continuously update Board contact information and related lists to ensure that staff has access to the most current information at all times.
- Prepare monthly expense reports and submit reimbursements when necessary for the CEO.
- Arrange for travel accommodations for CEO attending conferences or out-of-town meetings.
- Provide clerical assistance and support to Executive Team, as necessary.
- Maintain files in an orderly, timely, and confidential manner.
- Assist in planning monthly All Staff Meetings and supporting events such as DWC’s annual holiday party, Gala, and other fundraising events.
- Run errands as needed.
- Proactively remain updated and aware of DWC’s current priorities, needs, upcoming events, etc., in order to appropriately support and/or route any outside requests, donations, etc., while also being mindful to communicate with key staff to ensure we maximize each opportunity.
- Elevate issues about which the CEO should be aware and frame/position ideas to resolve concerns and/or mitigate risk.
- Coordinate and/or conduct tours for guests who may be visiting with the CEO.
- Other duties as assigned by CEO.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Highly developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy.
- Results/action-orientation; project management skills.
- High level of integrity and trust; provide solid judgment in dealing with confidential information.
- Able to successfully navigate within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Extremely detailed oriented, provided quality and precision focused work.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
No travel is expected for this position.