The Software Team Lead is the senior-most appointed member of an Agile development team that creates innovative solutions for complex problems leveraging advanced understanding of engineering principals. This position actively contributes in full stack development and is responsible for providing junior team members with guidance.
The Software Team Lead is responsible for communicating key designs within the business and ensuring that completed work aligns with best practices within the framework of the product. This position also collaborates with the Product Owner to obtain feedback from Stakeholders, ensuring the value of work completed.
- Lead product design sessions with the development team.
- Create innovative solutions for complex problems, leveraging advanced understanding of engineering principals.
- Work with Product Owner to remove obstacles, review design, and ensure final product meets the needs of stakeholders.
- Champion the Agile/Scrum process, scheduling and leading Agile rituals.
- Understand the work being done by the team, helping the team optimize their delivery.
- Work closely with other team leads to ensure consistent sprint execution.
- Work with managers to provide employee performance feedback.
- Ensure quality presentation of the team's work in the sprint Showcase.
- Mentor team members in design, coding practices, and software development policies and guidelines.
- Serve as a gating member of design and code reviews for team members.
- Actively contribute to software development design and coding standards.
- Work with the subject matter experts to ensure team designs align with the standards and patterns of the product.
- Ensure all completed work follows best practices and engineering standards.
- Support cross-functional teams in deploying and maintaining the product.
- Monitor and evaluate industry trends and third party tools.
- 8+ years of experience in software development as a full stack developer.
- 2+ years of engineering leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of work experience.
- Experience with C#, MVC, .Net, WPF, WCF, SQL preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Expert in troubleshooting principles and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to individuals with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Proven ability to efficiently learn and apply new ideas and concepts.
- Ability to organize time and projects efficiently.
EDCO Health Information Solutions provides a combination of software, services, and process knowledge to optimize the management of health information in acute and ambulatory settings throughout North America. By leveraging Solarity technology, EDCO has enabled healthcare facilities to maximize efficiencies, reduce cost, and streamline health information to improve patient care. For more information, go to www.SolaritybyEDCO.com
EDCO is an equal opportunity employer.