Director Operations Technology
Purpose: Works closely with the President, the VP of Technology and other business stakeholders to develop and implement the strategic direction to manage the enterprises operational technology systems including database, email, data security, telecommunications systems and network and its architecture with a strong sense of urgency and execution. The job duties include managing existing initiatives across Companys strategic agenda as well as developing initiatives from their inception. This includes leading cross-functional strategic initiatives, programs, and project teams that have company-wide impact. This role will ensure assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints, resulting in full realization of benefits defined in the business case, as well as comprehensive reporting of all assigned projects. Prioritization of critical work is key to the success of this role, along with the effective management of initiative/project-specific resources.
The position is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the right strategic decisions are implemented at the right time regarding operational technology. This person will be responsible for partnering with the overall product teams vision, developing and prioritizing the product roadmap, driving external and internal client product interaction/communication. Drive continuous improvement throughout the Company, as well as maintain a holistic view of each departments capacity in order to steer important trade-off decisions.
The person filling this role must be detailed and solutions-oriented person who can identify issues and independently generate workable solutions in a fast-paced environment while directing and leading a team in supporting the Company personnel at all levels of information technology and systems operational needs. Forward thinking and the ability to identify and address potential systems issues in advance of reported issues/tickets is a must.
- Collaborate with the President, the VP Technology and business stakeholders to define organizations software roadmap and determine strategies for achieving this vision.
- Direct the companys operations technology, ensuring the department provides cost-effective, efficient and effective technical support service.
- Generate solutions in a timely manner and ensure proper implementation while minimizing the number of workarounds by ensuring systems are correctly and efficiently installed and operating.
- Lead development and implementation processes for the organizations Operational Technology department.
- Provide formalized, continuous work direction and leadership to assigned team of professionals, including the scheduling, assignment and review of project workfilling in when and where needed.
- Plan, design, implement and maintain server configurations, routing protocols, network configurations and storage environments to facilitate the needs of the organization.
- Analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Work with project stakeholders to develop project requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, cost estimates and milestones.
- Drive alignment across departments, all program efforts, and activities to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Establish efficiency and efficacy standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure.
- Facilitate definition of project scope and objectives with appropriate team members.
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, budgets, and status reports.
- Develop, track, monitor and communicate project progress against the project plan.
- Responsible for coordination of departmental resources to insure project deliverables are timely and within specifications and budget.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks, and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Coordinate with the appropriate subject matter experts to obtain assistance to resolve issues within the organization.
- Generate solutions that are immediately actionable as issues are reported.
- Ensure team addresses all issues/tickets as immediately as possible and that issues are corradiated to ensure all staff are aware of reported or ongoing issues and that all staff are trained on issue resolutions.
- Review annual budgets and ensure that the department adheres to annual budgetary requirements.
- Cross train all staff on all systems and operational needs.
- Develop and implements business continuity protocols and a detailed succession plan to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Maintain responsibility for the proper implementation of data retention plans and litigation holds working closely with Compliance and Legal.
- Oversee security of systems, networks, and enterprise information working in conjunction with the VP Technology.
- Facilitates IT security audits or investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Coordinates multisite IT systems.
- Participate in hiring process of new staff and train as appropriate.
- Schedules, organizes, and assigns projects to members of the IT Operations team.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science required; masters degree or MBA preferred.
- At least ten years of experience managing an IT department.
- Experience managing multiple national locations preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to generate actionable solutions to immediate needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and resolve potential technical issues prior to user issues.
- Ability to manage multiple competing tasks and deadlines and prioritize accordingly.
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in latest technology for IT and systems operations management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and lead a team, and resolve conflicts.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the companys goals.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to manually manipulate wires, cables, and connections.