Sona Dermatology is looking for patient focused Medical Assistants to join our team in Raleigh, NC!
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) position is responsible for providing care for the comfort and well-being of dermatology patients. They are part of a team of providers and front office teams and ensure the best experience for the patient.
- Prepare the examination room for the patient as well as taking patient vital signs and recording vitals in medical chart
- Order and stock medical supplies if required
- Monitor prescription activity, lab specimens and pathology results
- Administer injections and medications, dress wounds and incisions, provide accurate and consistent information to the patient using an established protocol, interpret Provider instructions to patients, assist with emergency and minor procedures, and perform related tasks as directed
- Obtain prior authorization for both prescriptions and procedures in a timely manner
- Clean and sterilize instruments and equipment, and maintains stock of supplies and medications
- Educate patients and instruct on any medications, treatment plans, etc., under the supervision of the physician
- Perform a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and follow detailed protocols, including: performing and documenting specified procedures and results
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
- Oversight of all lab functions and compliance
- Perform front office duties which include: filing, faxing, emailing, return patient calls, and other duties as assigned
- Other special projects or tasks as assigned
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Graduate of accredited Certified Medical Assisting Program or Registered Medical Assisting Program.
- Must have and maintain a current CMA or RMA license
- BLS Certification required within 90 days of employment
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a medical office setting
- EHR experience
- Ability to competently use Microsoft Office, and appropriate EHR practice management software.
- Efficient multi-tasker in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Dermatology, Cosmetic, or Plastic Surgery experience (inclusive of Moh’s) a plus
- EMA, Athena, and/or ModMed experience strongly preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is a plus
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Self Awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Must be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Must be able to operate within Microsoft Office Suite -proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel. Exposure to Hazards: Exposure to chemicals and disinfectants. Exposure to bodily fluids, latex, as well as a risk to exposure of Infectious Disease.
Varied activities including standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patient’s manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Competitive Hourly Salary
- Extensive and ongoing hands-on training
- Full-time employees are eligible for a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, and paid holidays.
- No overnight shifts or on call requirements
This position could occasionally work in both locations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sona Dermatology and Medspa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.