PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION WILL NOT BE FILLED UNTIL JULY 2020 AT THE EARLIEST.
United Way of Southwestern PA (UWSWPA) focuses on solving the pressing issues you care about by bringing together the entire community — policymakers, corporate leaders, excellent agency partners, and individuals who want to help – to assist our neighbors in need and develop long-term solutions. No other single local non-profit can mobilize all these partners and bring them together to achieve results. Together we have the opportunity to transform the lives of so many people throughout Pennsylvania and accomplish long- lasting impact.
United Way’s Tocqueville Society is made up of the region’s leading philanthropists who are working together in Pittsburgh and Southwestern Pennsylvania to make a meaningful impact in our community and effect positive change for people in need. Tocqueville members set the standard for giving and humanitarian service in our community by donating $10,000 or more annually.
UWSWPA is looking for a dynamic, experienced professional to cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gifts from local individuals and families. The ideal candidate will have experience and success in raising gifts at the $10,000+ level.
UWSWPA’s Tocqueville Development Officer will have responsibility for overseeing the retention, growth and engagement of all aspects concerning United Way’s Tocqueville Society members and prospects. This individual is responsible for relationship management and direct solicitation of gifts for a portfolio of 80-100 current Tocqueville members.
The Tocqueville Development Officer, as the primary relationship holder, will develop and implement planned giving prospects to secure significant and deferred gifts from donors through estate planning and other types of gifts.
The successful candidate will:
- Become a productive member of UWSWPA’s Tocqueville team, contributing to the success in growing our number of Tocqueville Society members through retention of current members and recruitment of new members across the three-county region.
- Develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for prospects and current donors within assigned portfolio, collaborating as appropriate with staff, volunteers, and Board members.
- Track performance via various metrics, including face-to-face prospect visits, documented communications and interactions, and solicitations submitted and secured.
- Serve as an active prospect identifier and work in conjunction with staff and/or volunteers, targeting prospects for personal visits and moving annual donors through the donor pyramid into the next giving level.
- Orient, motivate, and support assigned volunteers participating in the cultivation and solicitation, of Tocqueville prospects.
- Maintain record of all cultivation strategies, contacts, solicitations, and results of contacts with prospects and donors in the database of record.
- Focus on securing support for programs that match the philanthropic interests of the prospect/donor.
- Maximize potential of current donors as planned giving prospects.