Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of experience working with similar population or homeless related services
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Familiarity with supportive housing or other residential or shelter facilities in Los Angeles strongly preferred
- Knowledge of issues related to women’s homelessness, mental illness, chronic health issues, and older adults preferred
- Ability to exercise and model good judgment, especially in crisis situations
- Strong written and oral communication skills required; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong multi-tasking skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead a diverse group of staff, interns and volunteers
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and set and meet goals and deadlines
Downtown Women’s Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Women’s Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.