Telaid, a provider of technology deployment solutions to multi-site companies for over 40 years, seeks a Project Manager skilled in Security Technology (such as Access Control, CCTV, FIRE and Burg) who is looking for an opportunity to join a team for a growing, privately held Company. The purpose of this role is to deliver technology deployment projects which meet or exceed Telaid’s goals. This role is responsible for project set up, project execution, financial management, people development and relationship management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Project Set Up – Ensures that proper tools are in place prior to the beginning of a project.
- Develops comprehensive understanding of project strategy and employs this throughout the project set-up.
- Ensures that there is a schedule in place during project set up that reflects that project strategy and is sufficient to complete project within customers’ expectations.
- Develops, documents, and distributes general conditions in the early phases of project plan based on the project strategy.
- Engages multiple Telaid teams including Onboarding, Engineering, IT, Accounting, Service Delivery, Support Services, and Sales to ensure expectations are clear, roles and responsibilities are set, and project scope is defined.
- Functions as single point of contact to customer for one or many projects. May have specialization by project type (rollout / construction) or technology (security / wireless).
- Participates in Project Kickoff Meetings to understand project scope of work and specific duties and responsibilities for all assigned projects
Project Execution – Leads job and team to deliver projects via Telaid’s Proven Process.
- Conduct and/or direct on-site field surveys at customer premises to scope customer work as needed.
- Qualify and manage technicians to install and service, Security and Technology Systems.
- Provide support and direction to technicians to ensure satisfactory project execution.
- Serve as technical liaison between Telaid and contractor personnel at client locations on your assigned projects. Resolve issues at the lowest level; escalate issues as required to ensure client satisfaction.
- Conduct site visits as needed to ensure quality control and ensure customer specifications are adhered to.
- Collaborates with onboarding, service delivery, and project support teams in the up-front set up of projects to ensure profitability, client satisfaction and the best field resources for the job.
- Works in partnership with the Project Team to:
- Maintain an updated and accurate schedule.
- Identify and focus on critical issues, e.g. budget management, and logistics.
Financial Management – Achieves budget control and profit goals for each project.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all Telaid’s financial processes.
- Uses financial reporting data to quickly identify potential and existing issues that could lead to subpar financial performance and immediately addresses these issues.
- Aggressively and proactively manages financials and creates an atmosphere where clients and direct reports understand the importance of timely payments to vendors and invoices to the customer.
- Drives change order process to ensure project profitability.
People Development – Accelerates and development of assigned Project Coordinators and Project Administrators
- Serves as a coach and mentor to Project Coordinators and Project Administrators.
- Establishes quarterly performance goals for each direct report.
- Conducts timely and meaningful verbal and written performance evaluations for direct reports, no less that every 90 days.
- Collaboratively creates individual development plans with direct reports that integrate the business needs of Telaid, the career objectives of the staff member, and the staff member’s strengths and weaknesses. Provides ongoing support and feedback as plan is implemented.
- Inspires and mentors the team to deliver superior customer service and profitably.
- Actively participates in group and companywide training and initiatives to promote the value to others of involvement and furthering the company goals.