Box Office Ticket Seller
The Box Office Ticket Seller provides the first impression of the DECC. Strong customer service skills and a positive mindset are required. Box Office Staff will greet guests and sell tickets using Ticket Master.
Requirements and Competencies
- Knowledge of basic cash handling and simple math skills
- 1+ years customer service experience or related experience with the public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
- Ability to work individually and/or with a team
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster
Essential Functions (Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities.)
- Sell tickets via Ticket Master
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain a professional and hospitable demeanor
- Accept payments for ticket orders by cash or payment card transactions
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate till; accurately handle cash, add, subtract multiply or divide in all units of measure
- Able to handle difficult customer situations, respond to requests for service and assistance, provide accurate information for guest inquiries
- Maintain accurate daily records and reports for the Ticket Office including event files, ticket ledgers, daily sales figures, event information documents, and seating charts
- Follow health and safety protocols
- Performs related duties provided by the Box Office Manager and Assistant Box Office Manager
- Able to multi-task and adapt quickly to changing environments
- This position is part-time with a schedule based on DECC event needs. This position will have daytime, afternoon, and/or evening shifts scheduled on various days of the week and may include some holidays. Approximately 10-28 hours per week available.
Most work is conducted in the AMSOIL Ticket Office, in a typical office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be very loud. The Ticket Seller may be in varying work spaces based on the needs of the Box Office Manager or each event. The pace will vary and the Ticket Seller will need to adapt quickly.
The Ticket Seller will need to use their hands frequently, and be able to see, hear, type, and speak often. The employee may occasionally be required to bend, sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee must frequently lift/and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Additional Eligibility Requirements
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Successful completion of reference checks
- Successful completion of a background check
- Successful completion of a drug test, if applicable
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
The DECC uses USCIS Form I-9 to verify the identity and employment authorization of individuals hired for employment. On the form, an employee must attest to his or her employment authorization. The employee is required to present the DECC with acceptable documents evidencing identity and employment authorization at the time of hire. The DECC will examine the employment eligibility and identity document(s).
The list of acceptable documents can be provided by Human Resources.
This position is at will. This means if you are offered the position and accept, your employment with the DECC is for an indefinite period of time and it is subject to termination by you or the DECC, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. Nothing in this job description or any other policy of the DECC shall be interpreted to be in conflict with or to eliminate or modify in any way, the at will employment status of this position.
The at will employment status of an employee of the DECC may be modified only in a written employment agreement with that employee which is signed by the Executive Director or the Chair of the DECC Board of Directors.
By your signature below, you acknowledge your understanding that your employment with the DECC is at will, and that nothing in this description is intended to constitute a contract of employment, express or implied.
The DECC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualification and ability. The DECC does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. The DECC will follow any state or local law that provides greater protection. This policy is neither exhaustive nor exclusive. The DECC is committed to taking all other actions necessary to ensure equal employment opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and all other applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Type of Position
Part-Time, Event Driven
Type of Employment
Box Office Manager