The Financial and Business Advisor, contributes to the calling of Medical Teams International by providing financial and business analytics support to drive planning and help make informed business decisions. This senior level role is expected to compile and aggregate data, create metrics related to financial health, liquidity, departmental efficiency, cost recovery, staff utilization, accounting ratios, maintain internal forecast, pipeline, indirect cost models, and coordinate the annual budgeting process. This position will report to the Vice President & Chief Financial Officer and will perform analytical and financial checks on the different project financial results and data procedures and processes. This role will be the super user of the finance ERP system and provide user training and implementation support.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting and Analysis
- Manage the financial planning and analysis (FP&A) process for the finance department. This includes financial reporting, creating various financial metrics and dashboards, and scenario and predictive modeling.
- Lead indirect cost rate calculations and create cost recovery models for different business units.
- Develop metrics pertaining to departmental efficiencies, cost recovery, labor optimization, revenue, etc.
- Create presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made.
- Identify and research discrepancies and variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Oversee and coordinates data collection and input feeding into the annual global budget process.
- Create guidance/templates for budget holders, budget models for decision making, prior year analysis, current year projections plus providing budget system support and training
- Reconcile budget revisions and manage budgets in the ERP system. Input the finance department budget into the ERP system
ERP and Financial Systems Support
- Identify opportunities and design solutions for financial process improvements leveraging the ERP platform and other modules.
- Design, customize, and create critical business reports and refer to the ERP support team as necessary.
- Develop, evaluate, implement, and document proposed solutions in consultation with the ERP Manager and the business.
- Develop training material and facilitate knowledge sharing and training on the use of digital tools
- Act as a Finance team super-user and a champion of the ERP system. This includes addressing complex matters, implement and communicate changes and coach teammates on how to fully employ technology.
- Support the Finance department as needed
- Participate in and support strategic projects
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.