Asmodee North America (ANA) locally headquartered in Roseville, Minnesota is part of the Asmodee Group, a global corporation headquartered in France and a worldwide leader in the creation, manufacturing and distribution of games. Our games tell immersive stories that inspire people to push the boundaries of their imagination and include top tier titles, such as CATAN, Arkham Horror, and Spot It, among many others. Our global success has come from our publishing studios and distribution networks where we transform high-potential stories into iconic consumer products. ANA believes in the power of ideas, leads with equality and universality, and strives to empower employees in our overaching effort to consistently create great games and tell amazing stories.
Summary of Position
The Game Design Manager is responsible for managing a Design department team and ensuring that all products created by the departments team members are high quality, innovative, and fun.
- Track the progress of all department projects.
- Manage day-to-day tasks of department team employees.
- Reallocate assignments and responsibilities of department team as needed.
- Provide motivational support, coaching, and encouragement to department team members.
- Innovate processes and training to streamline the department and support the team.
- Playtest and review department products with staff to ensure milestones are met and quality is upheld.
- Ensure internal and external department product playtesting procedures are efficient and effective.
- Communicate needs and maintain strong working relationships with other departments. (Organized Play, Marketing, Licensing, Art, Graphic Design, Production, etc.)
- Maintain good working relationships with various licensors, partners, and freelancers.
- All other assignments as required by management.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent project management skills must be able manage multiple projects and milestones.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven, high-energy environment.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong social skills used to yield results and foster a creative environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Three to five years in leadership/management capacity
How to Apply: Serious candidates should include a Letter of Interest explaining why the candidate wants this position with Asmodee including examples of past performance or achievement in the role (or similar role) as well as a description of the candidate’s skills and values as demonstrated through their job experience and a resume.
Asmodee is an equal opportunity employer. We strive for and celebrate a diverse team in our effort to carry out our company values of honesty, integrity and fairness.