- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Retail sales and POS system experience preferred
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff members, visitors, volunteers, and the general public via telephone, email and in person.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced work environment with ability to multi-task while maintaining composure.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written instructions and directions.
- Basic level of experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and POS systems, or the ability and willingness to learn.
- Effective communicator verbally and in writing, bi-lingual asset, but not required.
- Work requires normal physical effort for primarily an office environment; some physical effort in handling of materials or boxes and tools or equipment of up to 25 pounds in non- strenuous work. Some periods of continual standing or walking may be required. Movement of merchandise to and from mobile shop events may be required.
- Demonstrate and promote a climate of courtesy, respect and professionalism to coworkers, the volunteers served by this council, and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including evenings and Saturdays.
- Adheres to the GSNETX's equal opportunity and non-discrimination policies, which ensure that there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, creed, national origin, socioeconomic status, disability or age.
- Must hold membership in the Girl Scout organization and subscribe to the tenets of the Girl Scout Promise and Law.
- Attendance is an essential job requirement defined as having regular, consistent, reliable, punctual and predictable attendance including the ability to work regular hours and shifts, before and after hours, and on weekends, when required.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, work in an office environment, work in a seated position, and work with computers.
The employee must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.