RailPros provides comprehensive consulting services for the rail industry. We specialize in areas of RWIC/railroad flagging, project management, observation and inspection, real estate, rail design and engineering, training, and media production. As a leader in our industry, RailPros’ projects create long-term value for our clients from concept through operation by providing technical excellence and outstanding services. We are seeking several (RWIC) Roadway Workers in Charge to support railroad flagging services for a Class 1 Railroad in the Southern region – Mississippi, Kentucky, and Tennessee.
A RailPros Roadway Worker in Charge (RWIC) will perform on-site roadway worker protection for activities on and around live railroad tracks and are responsible for job site coordination, dispatcher/train communication and various types of On-Track Safety in controlled and non-controlled track areas.
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Minimum 5 years of experience with a Class 1 Railroad, Regional Short Line, Transit System, or Railroad Contractor, preferably within the Maintenance of Way (MOW) Department and/or significant experience in roles such as roadmaster, signal master, track inspector, signal and bridge inspector or foreman.
- Proficient computer skills in basic email, phone, and text message applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical knowledge in Railroad Engineering, Railroad Design, Railroad Construction, and Safety.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail; well organized.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time; sometimes month(s) at a time.
- Proven ability to identify and correct safety issues on the job site according to railroad regulations.
- A commitment to safety and service excellence.
This job operates in a field environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and/or walk on level/uneven ground.
- Must be able to tolerate extreme heat/cold temperatures.
- Must be able to tolerate dusty/noisy conditions.