The Jewish Community Center has a part time opening for a Teacher (Part Time) to join our Early Childhood Center team at our Chesterfield location. Our center is open Monday-Friday, 8:00a to 5:00p. Part time staff at the J do enjoy complimentary membership and some program discounts.
Current Part Time Openings at our Chesterfield Location:
8:00a- 12:00p (weekdays)
1:00p- 5:00p (weekdays)
The J’s Early Childhood Program is accredited by the State of Missouri and licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. We use the Project Construct and Conscious Discipline curriculum frameworks. We provide care for children ages 6 weeks – 5 years of age in a safe, warm, nurturing environment that helps children feel good about themselves and the world around them.
- Plan and deliver curriculum for assigned class
- Schedule, prepare and conduct parent teacher conferences for your class.
- Set up, take down and clean classroom as necessary.
- Follow all Missouri licensure and JCC guidelines in the course of your work.
- Perform anecdotal record keeping, for example, daily observations, injury reports, parent inquiries, etc.
- Communicate professionally with parents and coworkers. Maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Communicate and interact appropriately with children
- Attend in-service workshops, conferences, staff meetings, and special events as required.
- Earn 18 continuing education credits per year.
- Incumbent in the position is required to become First Aid and CPR certified upon hire (training provided) and certification must be kept current.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance
- Be punctual and maintain good attendance
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor