Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred with a minimum of one year of experience in a nonprofit environment; or
- 5+ years of direct comprehensive accounting experience in field in lieu of degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to utilize accounting software (previous experience with Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Intermediate skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Knowledge of internal control procedures to safeguard assets.
- Detail-oriented work style.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure completion of work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to utilize sound judgement when working with secure information.
- Ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision.
- Ability to work collaboratively and respectfully cross-departmentally.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully to all levels within the organization.
If interested, please submit an application through our Paycom applicant system. You will be required to create account with Paycom, or log in to a previously created account. PLEASE NOTE: Resumes and Cover Letters must be uploaded as ONE document. If you experience difficulty submitting an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Preference will be given to early applicants meeting the necessary requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The above statements are not intended to encompass all functions and qualifications of the position. Rather, they are intended to provide a general framework of the requirements of the position. Employees may be required to perform other functions not specifically addressed in this job description.