Centerline Communications LLC has a HVAC Service Technician opening in our Managed Services division. We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking individual to join a fast-growing company specializing in wireless communications and facility services across the country. We expect our technicians to exhibit leadership potential, to be results-oriented, and driven to succeed. The HVAC Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repairs for heating, ventilation, and cooling units for our commercial customers. The HVAC Service Technician will also need to diagnose and repair the electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for commercial customers. Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- General maintenance duties as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have good oral and written communications skills.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have basic computer skills, and be able to utilize mobile device throughout the work day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift up to 51 pounds, be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry and climb ladders, work from heights, work in small crawl spaces, balance, stoop, kneel. The employee is expected to work in all weather conditions, both in extreme cold and heat. The employee may drive for extended periods of time, including all weather and light conditions.
Required Education and Experience
- Two to five years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Microsoft Office experience (specifically Word and Excel)
- HVAC Journeyman, E02 and EPA Universal preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with some irregular hours. Weekends and evenings required, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Travel to sites is required, sometimes in excess of 100 miles.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.