Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions, powering the top point-of-sale and software providers across numerous verticals, including Food & Beverage, Hospitality, Lodging, Gaming, Retail and e-Commerce. This includes companies such as Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS brands, as well as over 300 additional software integrations in virtually every industry. With eight offices across the U.S. and Europe, 7,000 sales partners and three state-of-the-art data centers, the company securely processes over 1 billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
The POS Technical Support Representative will be responsible for supporting, training, and implementing Harbortouch software and corresponding services to a broad customer base in a myriad of industries. A successful candidate must be familiar and experienced in windows operating systems and be able to effectively articulate solutions to the customers and higher tiers. The position requires working hours that will include weekends and holidays, as determined by the requirements of the department.
- Field inbound calls and communication related to POS Equipment and Software via phone, chat and ticket systems
- Demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with customers
- Maintain and improve performance of POS Equipment and Software
- Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions
- Provide customers with efficient and courteous service
- Provide resolution by identifying problems, researching answers and relaying information effectively
- Make follow up outbound calls to customers to ensure their issues are resolved completely
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with proficient attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced inbound call center environment
- Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve customer issues
- Ability to adapt to and implement change
- Creative and forward thinking
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Experience with one of the following is required: Windows and/or Android support experience
- Experience working with credit card terminals, POS equipment, registers, and scanners
- We are always looking for candidates that have an IT degree or in pursuit of one
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- 2+ years Customer Service/ Technical Support experience
- Experience in the banking or credit card processing industry
- Candidate must be comfortable on the phone and in person for meeting, be proficient in MS-Office and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, knowledge and references.
- An A+ certification is beneficial
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health care, 401K, dental and vision along with vacation and personal time after successful completion of a probationary period.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics