The Norcross Assessment Center (NAC) Shelter Director is responsible for overseeing the shelter operations and staff. The NAC Shelter will include 20 beds for single women and women with children who will be eligible for up to a 90 day stay. Reporting to the Director of HomeFirst, this position will be focused on shelter operations that are designed to prepare guests to transition from being homelessness into housing through case management best practices, program design and facility workflows.
The NAC Shelter Director will work closely with the Director of HomeFirst to develop policies, procedures, and strategic plans for the shelter operation. This will be done with an aim at constantly improving the operations efficiency and effectiveness.
- Management of the Norcross Assessment Center Shelter and all staff
- Direct supervision of 6 staff members and any volunteers who are permitted to work in the shelter;
- Responsible for ensuring that all data entry is completed accurately on a monthly basis by shelter staff and reported to Director of HomeFirst;
- Create, update, and maintain policies and operating procedures for the Norcross Assessment Center Shelter;
- Review case management plans of current guests with staff and ensure that top priorities are being addressed, and that appropriate referrals and timelines are being followed up;
- Provide daily inventory of available beds to NAC Director;
- Provide training to staff and volunteers on Coordinated Entry System, HMIS, VI-SPAT, Diversion and Prevention Tool, and Community Resources;
- Ensure that the facility maintains the highest level of hospitality for all persons needing services; and
- Develop, implement and track a shelter measurable report to show progress while guests are staying in shelter; and
- Meet weekly with Director of HomeFirst and NAC Director to discuss facility operations, needs and progress.