At Gotham Greens, we are 'reimagining how and where fresh food is grown. We are looking for an amazing Nursery and Young Plant Specialist to join us in doing what we do best - grow fresh produce in sustainable, high-tech greenhouses.
Gotham Greens is creating new ways to farm, produce local food, revitalize communities and innovate for a sustainable future. In this role you will support the Head Grower in producing the highest quality seedlings for the greenhouse, managing and executing our Nursey and Young Plant program, and assists with other areas of greenhouse operations as needed to achieve best-in-class yields and quality.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Nursery & Young Plant Care
- Work closely with Grower + Production Supervisor
- Monitor quality of seedlings from seed to transplant by lot, germination rates, development
- Alert Head Grower on any quality issues
- Keep nursery tables organized
- Help manage trial seeding groups
- Monitor seedlings for pests and disease
- Facility Support
- Oversee maintenance and proper care of seeding equipment
- Support greenhouse related maintenance issues as needed
- Crop Scheduling
- Work with growing and operations team day to day to follow production schedules
- Review changing crop scheduling needs of young plants with Head Grower by variety and season
- Irrigation & Plant Nutrition
- Check flow rates of emitters
- Confirm emitters placed properly
- Check EC/pH in media
- Check water content
- Monitor irrigation frequency
- Record Keeping
- Food safety records as assigned
- Growth rate data
- Other record-keeping as assigned
- This position is cross-trained with the IPM specialist to support that position
- This position supports holiday and 7-day coverage with the rest of the growing team
- This position supports greenhouse related operations tasks as needed
WHO YOU ARE
- 2 years prior greenhouse experience preferred
- Ability to thrive at work under minimal supervision/direction
- Available to work weekends and work flexible hours as required
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in extreme seasonal temperatures
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate commitment to the company vision
- Appreciation for sustainable agriculture and food
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 400 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.