SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Primarily responsible for assisting in the maintenance, management, and administration of the following systems: Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System, Mobile Dispatch System, Police and Fire Records Management (RMS) Systems, Field Ops, Motorola CAD to Radio, and CAD to CAD. Coordinate with the designated PSAP points of contact to ensure 24x7x365 functionality and reliability. This position is responsible, in conjunction with the IT team, for maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving issues that may arise with all systems that we support, i.e. data center hardware/software, domain, exchange, MS products, workstations etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(The following statements are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities of the position and do not list every duty that may be required of the employee for this position. ADCOM911 retains the right to change the duties and responsibilities of the position at any time without notice)
- Subject matter expert on CAD Interface Systems, Mobile, and RMS systems and maintains the daily operations of those systems.
- Ensure that deployments of new modules, systems, and CAD upgrades are carried out appropriately.
- Effectively and efficiently interact and communicate with PSAP personnel and staff.
- Schedule, facilitate, perform, and test CAD data updates from the production, test and training environments.
- Troubleshoot CAD, CAD to CAD, CAD to Radio, Mobile, RMS system problems, document anomalies, and review error logs to ensure a timely resolution of issues per Adcom911’s IT Response Policy.
- Provide routine and system level maintenance to all systems maintained by Adcom911.
- Work proactively to identify potential issues, recommends and implements preventative solutions.
- Accept and track open cases/help desk tickets; work with appropriate personnel to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Review software release notes, clarify, explain, define notes, updates and changes for new and updated functionality, features, and hot fixes. Work with operations staff to determine if the above is appropriate for our environment.
- Test new CAD versions of updated/changed functionality, features, and hot fixes.
- Attend meetings and training classes related to the Adcom911 systems.
- Liaison between Adcom911 and our member agencies, and stakeholders as it relates to system functionality and to resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships both within and outside of the PSAP; exercise good judgment in representing the PSAP.
- Attend CAD, and other system user group meetings, task force meetings and relevant training.
- Identify and analyze system and user needs, as well as equipment requirements.
- Write documentation, including policies, procedures, and how-to guides.
- Respond to critical system outages outside of normal business hours, on a 24/7 basis.
- Maintain SSRS server and create new reports as requested.
- Provides on-call/after-hours support when assigned or requested.
- Contribute to the mission, vision and values of ADCOM911.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.