An unwavering pursuit of health. This is what we stand for.
If these words resonate with you, then explore job opportunities with us.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations throughout the state. Driven by impeccable attention to detail, we're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business and ourselves.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
Pathology Technicians/Lab Assistants at our hospital laboratory sites are responsible for providing a wide variety of technical and administrative support including specimen accessioning, scheduling and performing procedures, resolving discrepancies, as well as providing general procedural support to pathologists and hospital staff and physicians. This position requires great flexibility, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. Lab Assistant are also responsible for adhering to HIPAA standards and strict Standard Operating Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. Environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc. are present in the workplace. This position may be selected by supervisor as Lead with Lead responsibilities. This is a float position and will require travelling to other sites.
Essential Job Functions
May perform any of the following duties or groups of duties:
- Intakes and accession specimens accurately and timely
- Schedules and assists with patient procedures performed at the hospital which may include but are not limited to FNA procedures, bone marrow biopsies, CT/US procedures, etc.
- Assists the pathologists with intraoperative evaluations such as frozen sections
- Assists Pathologists with specimen and work station prep
- Assists in sending out material to other institutions
- Provides support in resolution center
- Assists with quality assurance and fulfilling compliance requirements
- Provides pathologists support which includes but is not limited to slide distribution and manifest, conference prep, pending lists, and triaging phone calls
- Assists with autopsy prep as needed
- Delivers specimens to relevant sites/departments and assists couriers as needed
- Perform maintenance and daily operational tasks
- Provides cross coverage to other hospital sites as needed
- Other duties as assigned