The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for corrective and preventative maintenance, repairs, upgrades, inspection, and improvements of the Companys greenhouse facilities and agricultural systems. The position requires performing regular, routine maintenance and repairs of the greenhouse structure, growing machines, sophisticated HVAC temperature control system, automation and electrical systems, and irrigation and plumbing systems. The technician is tasked with identifying system deficiencies and ensuring the optimal performance of the greenhouse structure and related growing systems and equipment.
This is a hands-on role requiring technical and applied knowledge of integrated mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, with a strong focus on irrigation systems, growing machines and automation, and greenhouse HVAC requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to perform preventative services, dismantle and rebuild portions of the system to perform corrective repairs. The ideal candidate will possess the keen ability to identify and address maintenance and mechanical failures in each of the greenhouse systems as well as structural deficiencies.
Prior experience with greenhouse, agricultural, farming, or the organic food industry is considered a plus, but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive urban agriculture company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Coordinates and conducts maintenance and repairs of greenhouse systems and equipment and the greenhouse; proactively addresses areas of concern to minimize unplanned downtime, increases systems efficiency, and maintains a clean, safe work environment.
- Accesses the need of third-party contractors and repair personnel usage, negotiates related contracts, schedules, and assists in the completion of, and inspection of, on-site repairs.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots greenhouse systems, conducts repairs, modifications, and predictive/preventative maintenance on greenhouse and related systems/equipment (HVAC, refrigeration, irrigation and gutter channels, grow lighting, grow systems, and fixtures); and repairs interior and exterior demarcations of greenhouse.
- Provides recommendations for corrective action regarding greenhouse equipment.
- Utilizes strong mechanical and electrical aptitude skills to complete assignments.
- Complies with established State and Federal Regulations, Environmental, OSHA, and Company safety programs.
- Maintains equipment history and analyzes historical trends; records and documents all completed maintenance, modifications, and repairs.
- Runs errands and picks up agriculture equipment, materials and supplies, if needed.
- Performs additional duties as directed.
WHO YOU ARE
- High school graduate or equivalent trade school credentials.
- 1 years of experience in operations maintenance, including 1 year in facility maintenance, with preference for experience/familiarity with agriculture/farming maintenance.
- Technician or mechanic or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity with reading and interpreting blueprints, schematics, and one-line drawings.
- Strong mechanical/electrical aptitude in areas such as HVAC, industrial electrical, irrigation-plumbing, and greenhouse operations systems.
- Advanced knowledge of power tools, operating various measuring, diagnostic and testing instruments to help provide energy efficient solutions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Flexibility to adjusts to changing conditions and willingness to works off-shift, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Understands and complies with company policies.
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.