At LifeCenter Northwest, we work together to save lives through the recovery of organs and tissues for transplant. Each and every individual within our organization is a vital and valued member of the team. Serving the largest area in the country, LifeCenter Northwest cares for organ and tissue donors in Alaska, Montana, North Idaho and Washington. To those who embrace our commitment to compassion, collaboration, integrity, and courageous leadership, we offer the opportunity to learn and grow as part of the LifeCenter Northwest team. Come join us!
Each tissue donor can help more than 50 recipients; a gift that is skillfully recovered by the Tissue Recovery Coordinator Per Diem. With capable hands and care for the patient, the Tissue Recovery Coordinator Per Diem manages all aspects of aseptic recovery of musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and vascular tissue.
- Access to email and computer with internet capabilities on regular basis for maintaining communication and completing assigned tasks in Learning Management System.
- Aseptically recovers musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and vascular tissues from deceased donors in accordance with current Good Tissue Practices (GTP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), quality control practices, clean room protocols, FDA regulations and American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards.
- As applicable, accurately documents all recovery, packaging and shipping activities.
- As applicable, arranges transport of recovered tissue and records to assigned tissue processors.
- Assists with stocking of supplies.
- Assists with performance and documentation of routine cleaning and maintenance of the recovery suite (western Washington only) and equipment.
- Works effectively with hospital OR staff to maintain good hospital relations and a cooperative work environment.
- Provides timely documentation that revised or new SOPs have been read and understood, reviews all relevant SOPs annually, and participates in required annual training and competency testing.
- Follows SOPs as written, except when authorized in writing to do otherwise.
- Participates in continuing education or other training opportunities (on-site or remotely) as determined by the Director, Tissue Donation Services or Tissue Resource Manager.
- Performs special projects consistent with the responsibilities required for position.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courage: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.