By joining the Bio-Techne team, you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne and all of its brands provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The responsibilities of this position are to develop bioassays on proteins and antibodies to ensure quality products. Maintain cell lines and isolate primary cells for use in the assays.
- Develop cell-based and functional ELISA binding bioassays for new protein products and improve existing bioassays.
- Review literature and discuss the new products and experiments with the supervisor.
- Implement new bioassays under the direction of the supervisor.
- Write SOPs for new developed bioassays and perform stability testing on new products.
- Perform product bioassays following the SOPs and assist at all stages of protein expression and purification.
- Maintain cell lines and isolate primary cells from human or animal blood or tissues for use in bioassays.
- Freeze stock of cells for future use.
- Prepare suitable medium for cell maintenance and determine feeding schedule.
- Perform general laboratory maintenance including cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Stock shelves and prepares and aliquottes reagents.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in Handbook and follow guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.