Are you looking for a way to use your gift to help others? Do you have a heart to come alongside others who are trying to improve their lives? Do you want to work for a company that's made it on the Best Christian Workplaces 2 years in a row? If so, we want to talk with you!
As a Cook I, you will be responsible for helping plan, prepare and serve nutritious meals, keeping the kitchen, pantries, refrigerators, freezers, and dining and serving areas clean, maintained, and organized. In addition, you will be working as part of a team to supervise program clients and volunteers assigned to the kitchen.
Tuesday – Saturday 9:30 am – 6:00 pm and occasional weekends and holidays.
- Be willing to work weekends, holidays, and AM or PM shifts.
- Assist with supervising program guests and volunteers assigned to the kitchen and dining area.
- Help to assign program clients and volunteers to clean, organize, and store purchased and donated foods.
- Make the best use of foodstuffs by date, labeling, and the first-in/first-out method.
- Kitchen/dining area maintenance, which includes cleaning the kitchen, pantries, refrigerators, freezers, serving line, and dining areas.
- Ensure proper quality and quantity of food served.
- The ability to maintain the Mission’s customer service standards: C.A.R.E.
- Committed: Share God’s passion for service through prayer, honor, integrity, accountability, and stewardship.
- Attentive: Look out for the needs of others by being thoughtful, genuine, caring, courteous, and honest.
- Responsive: Provide effective results by owning each interaction, following through, and making and keeping promises.
- Excellent: Continuously strive to exceed expectations by seeking quality and acquiring and sharing knowledge.
- Complete a donated food log for all food donations received at the kitchen location.
- Work at other Mission locations at the request of the Food Services Director.
- Ensure that all kitchen volunteers log in and out when working in the kitchen.
- Complete meal count log for the shift worked at the kitchen location.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.