An unwavering pursuit of health. This is what we stand for.
If these words resonate with you, then explore job opportunities with us.
CellNetix Pathology and Laboratories is a dynamic, rapidly growing physician- and employee-owned pathology practice and lab headquartered in Seattle, Washington with locations throughout the state. Driven by impeccable attention to detail, we're resolute in meeting the exceedingly high standards of quality we set for our laboratory, our customer service, our business and ourselves.
It is our Vision to rethink, redefine and reset the standard of care for pathology groups and laboratories in the country.
The Pathology Support Specialist completes a wide variety of customer services tasks serving both our clients and our company's internal departments by phone, e-mail, fax and face-to-face communications. A large portion of tasks include slide distribution, prepping slides for Tumor Boards, answering phone calls, and working on the computer. This position will also be trained to float to the pathology lab daily and when assistance is needed. This will include, specimen accessioning, scheduling and assisting with procedures, resolving discrepancies as well as providing general procedural support to pathologists, hospital staff and physicians. This position requires great flexibility, attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy. It is important that the Support Services Specialist abides by HIPAA standards and strict Standard Operation Procedures and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements. Environmental hazards such as formalin, communicable disease, fresh human tissue, etc. are present in the workplace.
- Phone calls including scheduling & dispatching for procedures, report revisions, verbal test add-on requests, client supply ordering
- Resolve specimen issues including missing and/or inaccurate information
- Route slides to all CellNetix locations
- Printing, ordering and sending customized requisitions to clients
- Scan and route gross photos to physicians
- Modify internal systems with physician contact information
- Intakes and accession specimens accurately and timely
- Schedules and assists with patient procedures performed at the hospital which may include but are not limited to FNA procedures, bone marrow biopsies, CT/US procedures, etc.
- Assists pathologists with intraoperative evaluations such as frozen sections
- Send out materials to other institutions
- Provides support with resolving specimen issues/discrepancies.
- Assists with quality assurance and fulfilling compliance requirements
- Provides pathologist support which includes but is not limited to slide distribution, manifesting, conference prep, pending lists and triaging phone calls.
- Delivers specimens to relevant sites/departments and assist couriers as needed
- Perform maintenance and daily operational tasks
- Collect specimens from the OR
- Assist with autopsy prep as needed
- Other duties as assigned