Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Vice President of Central Development supports and advances United Way of Greater Atlanta Office of Development’s fundraising goals by overseeing stewardship; Give United, the annual fund of UWGA; individual engagement (affinity groups, giving societies, and development events), and development communications. The Vice President of Central Development (“VPC”) serves as a key member of the United Way of Greater Atlanta Development Leadership Team (“DLT”). The VPC will work collaboratively with the DLT to plan and implement fundraising strategies, systems, best practices, and metrics aimed at engaging prospects within a dynamic, fast-paced fundraising environment. The VPC will act as a service provider to development officers and corporate relations managers, helping them engage major prospects via a variety of events, communications, stewardship activities, board engagement and more. The Central Development team will maintain portfolios as secondary relationship managers and will be charged with nurturing relationships in partnership with a traditional development officer, who will serve as primary. The position will work closely with colleagues across departments, volunteers, boards, community leaders, venders, event staff, and a variety of others, and must be collaborative, professional, innovative, responsible and more while maintaining a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Develop and execute a stewardship plan aimed at stewarding donors across all levels of giving.
- Develop and execute strategies aimed at engaging new and existing donors across numerous communications channels, giving societies, affinity groups, including events, Give United, the communications, etc. Maintain volunteer boards as effective and required by strategy to execute said activities.
- In a supportive role, oversee the strategic planning and development of all Office of Development communications, including email, phone, in person, collateral, proposals, etc. Work collaboratively with outside support, UWGA Marketing, and other UWGA staff as needed.
- Designs and implements strategies for the identification, solicitation, cultivation, stewardship, and growth of donors along the entire giving pipeline, including annual donors, major gift donors and legacy donors.
- Ensure all individual engagement events have a satisfactory ROI. Work collaboratively with other Development staff and outside staff to plan and execute events and ensure proper sponsorship of same.
- Support the Vice President of Development in the identification of new donor prospects outside the workplace.
- Identify and implement best practices for the the Office of Development and oversee the creation and maintenance of the Office of Development Policies and Procedures Manual.
- In partnership with Office of Development leadership, develop and execute a strategy to drive giving society fundraising, recruitment and retention activities, communications, engagement, volunteerism and events, including First Tuesday Luncheons.
- Direct and oversee all prospect research activities, and other special projects as assigned, on behalf of the Office of Development.
- Maintain accurate data, including membership data. Act as Office of Development Liaison to other UWGA departments as needed.
- Establish metrics to track team performance and ensure team members utilize CRM and comply with internal practices and policies.
- Exceed yearly revenue and metric-driven goals (events, conversion, engagement, etc.)
- Promote collaboration, recognizing our shared goals, and regularly collaborate with colleagues within the Office of Development and other departments as needed.
- Represent the organization at speaking engagements at internal and external events as needed
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with Community Engagement programmatic staff and staff across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.