The primary responsibility of the associate vice president is to oversee and manage Posse’s college and university partnerships, which includes working with local and national leadership to ensure that benchmarks are being met, developing and maintaining relationships with senior- level stakeholders, and developing strategies to ensure the successful implementation of the Posse Program at the college and university Partners. The associate vice president works closely with other members of the national team to represent the organization and its policies, help further its strategic goals, and support local leadership to ensure program quality at the site level. There may be other duties as assigned.
The associate vice president is located in NYC and reports to the chief operating officer (COO). There are two associate vice presidents.
- Creates, implements and maintains a system for managing university partnerships
- Works with sites to support local efforts at maintaining university partnerships
- Travels to college and university partners for relationship building
- Trains staff on partner retention
- Monitors changes in university leadership
- Implements system for Liaison + mentor recognition
- Works with the COO and Assistant to the COO to coordinate the annual Liaison Conference
- Works with President’s office and VP for External Affairs to support the university partner contract renewal process