The Facilities Supervisor will work closely with the Director of Operations to support all facilities activities. This position is a dynamic mix between hands on work and facilities administration. The Supervisor will be the first point of contact for vendors, fire/security alarm monitoring, and internal facilities requests. This position will perform hands on general maintenance for all building systems, from HVAC to lighting and beyond. The Supervisor will provide administrative/office functions including, but not limited to, work order coordination, building physical access, maintaining office records, and keeping all city, county, and state requirements up to date. The Supervisor will be the system owner for all preventive maintenance programs and vendor related work. This position has no direct reports but works closely and helps coordinate the work of other Operations staff.
To ensure success, the Facilities Supervisors should exhibit extensive experience in facility management and a strong vendor management aptitude. A top-notch facilities Supervisor should have in-depth hands-on maintenance experience and ‘can do’ attitude
- Owns/leads all preventive maintenance on equipment and internal systems (e.g., HVAC, alarm systems, elevators, etc.)
- Performs hands on work such as, but not limited to: HVAC minor repair, light bulb changes, furniture repair, painting/drywall work, lock repair
- Monitors activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Preforms daily preventive maintenance on building systems
- Keeps track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Maintains inventory of office and facilities supplies (e.g., coffee, pens/paper, HVAC chemicals, etc.)
- Reviews current and new vendors
- Ensures compliance with all health, safety, and municipal regulations
- Assists the Director of Operations in all aspects of project implementation as needed
- Creates access badges and distributes per direction from Director of Operations
- Represents the Facilities Department in internal and external meetings as assigned
- Coordinates all facilities activities, work direction, and support systems
- Supervises all onsite vendors when in need of an escort
- Provides administrative support to the Facilities/Operations team
- Supports and fills in for the Day Porter for all cleaning needs
- Weekend, afterhours, and emergency response as issues arise
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Operations
- 5 years of hands-on facilities work in a commercial setting
- 5 years of general facilities/operations management experience
- Experience in working with vendors and preventive maintenance programs
- Experience working with city/stage agencies and OSHA
- In-depth knowledge of building systems: HVAC, electrical systems, lighting, fire alarm systems, doors and lock, etc.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Experience in system and process improvement life cycles design and implementation in an unstructured environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office
- Comfortable operating in a high-performing team and managing multiple project/initiatives simultaneously.
- Proactive, highly energetic, results oriented, with a “can-do” attitude in meeting challenges/resolving business problems.
- Team player with the willingness to take direction/constructive criticism from management and has an aptitude to learn quickly.
- Performs with high level of autonomy in performing day-to-day tasks.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to influence both peers and more senior partners
- Excellent analytical skills including ability to design and execute business process studies
- A high school diploma is required
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance planning and schedules
- 2-year college degree and/or accredited course work in facilities management
- HVAC certifications
- OSHA 30-hour card
- Experience working in high security buildings
- Candidates must successfully pass all background checks and information security training as required by the position
- Federal contracts require this employee is a US citizen
Physical and Mental Job Requirements
- Typical office job and office environment
- Requires extended sitting, computer use, and typing
- Must be able to walk, stoop, bend, crawl, climb a ladder (12’) for long periods of time.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Must be able to perform work in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to access roof and work for prolonged times on flat roof
About Fortior Solutions
Fortior Solutions is the market leader in high-assurance identity solutions used by the government and critical infrastructure. The company creates end-to-end trusted identity programs offering full credential lifecycle management through the combination of registration, identity proofing, verification, background screening, credentialing and identity authentication for government, critical infrastructure, and individuals including contractors, vendors and other authorized personnel. Fortior Solutions’ RAPIDGate® program provides an enterprise-wide, single-credential high assurance identity for the U.S. Marine Corps, Army and Coast Guard installations and critical infrastructure sectors across the country. Fortior Solutions is the leading issuer of PIV-I credentials. Fortior Solutions is headquartered in Hillsboro, OR, and has been delivering trusted identity solutions to customers since November, 2001
How to Apply
Please click on the "Apply for Job" link below to begin the process.
Once an offer has been accepted you will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity. For background, see the government posters, “Equal Opportunity is the Law” and its accompanying supplement. If you have a disability and need a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process, please contact us by phone at 503-924-5300 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on pay transparency nondiscrimination, see this poster from the federal government. For information on rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) see this poster and for information on rights under the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) see this poster.
RAPIDGate is a registered trademark of Fortior Solutions