About Equal Justice Works
The mission of Equal Justice Works is to create opportunities for lawyers to transform their passion for equal justice into a lifelong commitment to public service. Equal Justice Works provides a continuum of opportunity that begins with incoming law school students and extends through to the profession.
From advocating for law school programs that instill public service values among students, to creating summer and postgraduate public interest jobs, to addressing the staggering educational debt that blocks lawyers from going into public service, there are many ways we create an impact to further our mission. Join us in inspiring and providing opportunities for the legal community to change lives, make careers, and deliver on the nations promise of justice for all.
Equal Justice Works seeks a skilled, experienced Senior Manager of Foundation Relations to support foundation fundraising efforts for the nations largest facilitator of opportunities in public interest law. Working in close partnership with both internal and external stakeholders, the Senior Manager of Foundation Relations will execute a comprehensive plan to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation donors. Increasing unrestricted foundation support while simultaneously building support for new and underfunded projects and programs, the Senior Manager of Foundation Relations will support organization-wide efforts to manage an active and growing donor and prospect portfolio, aiming to raise $5M annually in new awards.
The Senior Manager of Foundation Relations reports directly to the Director of Foundation Relations.
- Develop narrative and financial proposals and reports for foundation funders, in collaboration with the Director of Foundation Relations and key program and communications/marketing staff.
- Track project/program activities and expenses in collaboration with the Director of Foundation Relations, program staff, and finance staff.
- Maintain and track pertinent foundation outreachincluding cultivations, solicitations, and other activities.
- Directly manage a portfolio of foundation funders.
- Engage in grant stewardship, cultivation, and regular communications with foundation staff.
- Engage in foundation prospect research and cultivation.
- Under the direction of the Director of Foundation Relations and in collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer (Director of Institutional Advancement) and colleagues in finance, assist in developing and monitoring the organization's annual and longer-term revenue plan and the Development departments annual budget as they relate to foundation support.
- Engage in other duties as assigned.