The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will report to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and be responsible for driving the ongoing digital transformation of ECRIs externally facing products and services, and our internally facing business operations:
Digital Transformation Focus:
Partner with Executive Leadership to guide technological transformation and solutions for the organization in service of the mission and strategic plan. Leadership of multiple software product development teams to design, build, deliver and operate highly available, excellent performing high quality cloud-hosted SaaS applications. Creation of solutions that are built on a foundation of pragmatic technology agnosticism and involve carefully selected commercial and open-source technology stacks. Review, analyze and select commercial and open-source technology stacks. Leadership of Agile and other current best practices regarding version control, testing collaboration and new technology launches. Partner with the Information Security Officer to ensure security of information systems.
Information Technology Focus
Candidates need to have a strong understanding of modern-day enterprise IT supporting a primarily work from home organization that uses the Microsoft cloud and other SaaS systems. ECRI is a trusted partner and custodian of enormous amounts and types of sensitive healthcare data, therefore candidates must understand and have experience protecting sensitive information. CyberSecurity and ongoing support of risk assessments, third party and internal penetration testing, incident response and Governance Risk and Compliance support is required.
A strong understanding and experience working within the constraints of HIPPA is required. SOC2 and other framework experience is beneficial.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements(s)
- Work closely with the leadership team to ensure they have a thorough understanding of the organizations strategy and objectives to ensure that any technology solution deployed support these objectives and strategies.
- Create the vision of what is needed and how technology can further the strategy of ECRI. Provide direct leadership, with appropriate co-sponsorship and co-ownership by the applicable business area to determine the priority, selection, design, development and implementation of technology solutions outlined and approved.
- Provide leadership to drive operational excellence in the utilization of the information technology staff. This includes creating an organization that is focused on delivering effective solutions for both external and internal customers.
- Focus on the continued growth and development of the information technology teams technical and business skills.
- As a key member of the leadership team engage with other team members and quickly build credibility, business alignment and relationships. It will be especially critical that the CIO work collaboratively with the business unit heads to ensure their needs are understood and met.
- Continue to learn about applicable advancements in the IT industry to ensure that leading edge knowledge and awareness of trends and technology is utilized.
- Partner with the Information Security Officer to ensure policies are adhered to and followed to strengthen and support security initiatives and compliance. Oversee team in planning and execution for any gaps identified, engaging appropriate team members as needed.
- Partner with Executive Leadership to guide technological transformation and solutions for the organization in service of the mission and strategic plan.
- Lead multiple software product development teams to design, build, deliver and operate highly available, excellent performing high quality cloud-hosted SaaS applications.
- Lead creation of solutions that are built on a foundation of pragmatic technology agnosticism and involve carefully selected commercial and open-source technology stacks.
- Review, analyze and select commercial and open-source technology stacks.
- Lead teams using Agile methodology or other current best practices related to version control, testing and collaboration.
- Transform ECRI into a successful SaaS focused organization
- Strategic partner for the executive team to position ECRI for long-term success as SaaS organization
- Timely delivery of agreed upon goals and milestones
- Compassionate leadership of the organization
- Lead organization and execution of work with a lens to ongoing commitment to DE&I internally and health equity externally