To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or GED; and minimum four (4) years’ experience working in a personal care, health or aging related setting; and Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a leadership or supervisory position; or Associates degree from an accredited college or university; and two (2) years’ experience in a personal care health or aging related setting; including one (1) year in a leadership or supervisory position; or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus one (1) year experience in a health or aging related setting ; or a state specific training for an assisted living facility administrator where the curriculum addresses in detail the knowledge and skills necessary to manage a nursing home of an assisted living facility.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary to meet the needs of our residents.
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Ethics – Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Gives appropriate recognition.
- Change Management – Develops workable implementation plans; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected; Monitors and evaluates results.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals and profitability.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.