The Forklift Operator Professional is responsible for keeping building materials coming into the truss plant, assembling truck loads, and getting finished goods shipped out, while ensuring the safe and technically proficient operation of company equipment. During downtime, the professional is responsible to assisting the Truss Fabrication Team with fabrication.
- Bring raw material bundles to the truss to the truss assembly line.
- Read pick lists and assemble joist packages accurately, quickly and efficiently.
- Unload trucks delivering raw materials.
- Understand and perform safe storage of manufactured truss products.
- Understand, assist and audit quality of product coming off-line is acceptable by SBCA standards.
- Load trucks with truss and lumber packages.
- Assist Truss Fabrication Team with fabrication when necessary.
- Unload finished product from stackers and assemble finished truss products for delivery.
- Keep yard area safe and clean.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner. Follow proper procedures and complete required documentation if an accident or injury occurs. Notify manager or Safety Department as required.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules s and equipment checklists set forth by the company and governmental regulatory agencies. Notify manager or the Safety Department immediately of any potential or current safety problems.
- Perform daily and shift equipment audits and report problems to supervisor.
- Wear required PPE at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and labor as requested, which may include, but not limited to, cleaning up around the plant, sweeping, moving materials.
- Fill in for colleagues as needed.