The summer intern for the PSRQ Publications team, 2022, will participate in the creation of interactive guidance to be made available to our various membership programs. The guidance will cover a range of safety and risk topics, with an emphasis on making topics accessible for staff in a wide variety clinical and non-clinical roles. The intern will have the opportunity to work with ECRI's subject matter experts, medical librarians, editors, and other staff to develop their understanding of research best practices, content development, and communication to diverse audiences.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statements(s):
- Research, write, and develop introductory, interactive guidance on basic concepts in risk management and patient safety. Potential topics include the following:
- Cognitive biases and their impact on patient care
- Handoff communication among healthcare providers
- Soliciting and responding to patient and family feedback
- Basic topics in infection control
- Incorporate feedback from subject matter expert reviewers, editors, and instructional designers to revise and finalize content
- Participate in 1:1 meetings with subject matter experts to review and refine work
- Attend team and departmental meetings, webinars, and other events