The Part-Time Leasing Consultant is responsible for providing leasing support to Fairview Village Apartments by sourcing prospective tenants, identifying their housing needs, and providing tours of apartments and the community in an effort to secure a lease. In addition, this role manages and facilitates all lease documentation, the move-in and move-out process, and provides customer service to all current and prospective tenants. This position averages 20 hours a week (3 days one week; 2 days the following week) with the flexibility to fill in as needed.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides property and apartment unit tours to prospective tenants
- Prepares lease and lease renewal documents
- Partners with the Property Manager to monitor and maintain occupancy goals
- Facilitates and schedules the tenant move-in and move-out process
- Encourages retention by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with residents
- Maintains appointment calendar and assists in the preparation of move-in booklets and other promotional materials
- Assists with resident functions, activities, and programs as needed
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as required
Education, Training and or/ Experience
High school diploma or GED with one plus years of sales, hospitality, or leasing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Characteristics
- Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude with a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicates easily with all levels of employees, tenants, and customers
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a cohesive team
- Ability to organize work, engage in a variety of tasks simultaneously, and meet established deadlines
- Ability to travel between properties and to work a flexible schedule
- Proficient with residential property management technology programs such as MRI or Yardi and Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to form relationships with internal business partners and external partners
The nature of work requires an ability to communicate and exchange information, prepare work work documents, and operate standard business office equipment. Requires the ability to lift and move materials or equipment up to 10 pounds.
Work is performed in a general office environment and apartment community. Weekend work and some evening work is required.