This position develops and expands relationships to build long-term business partnerships with banks and their clients. Utilizes strong networking skills to connect with business and banking professionals, community leaders, and market contacts to strengthen our prospect opportunities and customer base. Manages, approves and recommends loans in accordance with bank loan policy, applying sound risk management to the managed portfolio of existing accounts. Gives direction on the placement of loan participations in the customer network. Provides effective leadership within the lending team, including building trust, being flexible and utilizing strong communication skills.
Essential functions of the role:
- Manage current relationships plus identify and develop new customer relationships to facilitate the sale and placement of loan participations
- Coordinate with the Executive Vice President, Chief Credit Officer as needed to ensure asset quality goals are met
- Work closely with and provide guidance to other loan officers and analysts
- Recommend general terms and pricing guidelines for the banks loan products and programs; plus monitor terms and guidelines with the banks competitive set
- Travel when needed to customer locations and represent the bank at industry functions as assigned.
- Manage assigned loan portfolio on a continuous basis
- Perform other job related duties as needed
- Ensure compliance and audit requirements are met as identified by internal policy and/or Federal rules and regulations e.g. OFAC, BSA/AML and Privacy.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.