Position: Head Athletic Trainer
Reports To: Director of Athletics
FSLA Classification: Salary Exempt
Remote Work: N/A
Lane College, NCAA Division II, located in Jackson, Tennessee invites applicants for the position of Head Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Athletics. Lane College is a member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SIAC).
Sports Coverage: Football, Volleyball, Men & Women’s Cross Country, Men & Women’s Basketball, Men & Women’s Track & Field, Men & Women’s Tennis, Softball, Baseball
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures encompassed in the NCAA, the athletic conference, College, and athletic department policies and procedures manual, with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive sports medicine program.
- Care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- Perform professional and administrative services such as physicals, rehabilitation, treatments and ATC-to-Team Physician communications which are essential for the successful implementation and development of the program.
- Coordinate and schedule medical coverage for all NCAA Division II athletic events.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of sports medicine program and coordination of student-first responders.
- Manage all aspects of sports medicine budget, maintenance of inventory, and facility cleanliness to ensure health and safety of student-athletes.
- Coordinate and schedule annual pre-participation physical examinations and medical referrals for student-athletes to determine return to play criteria.
- Organize physician and surgical appointments for student-athletes.
- Implement secondary athletic insurance coverage program.
- File and process all athletic insurance claims.
- Develop and implement Emergency Action Plans for sports medicine and athletic department.
- Develop and implement concussion management program for athletic department.
- Site coordinator of NCAA Drug Testing.
- Supervise a number of undergraduate student aides, and part-time Certified Athletic Trainers.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.