The Parts House (TPH) is the fastest growing Direct-to-the-Installer parts supplier in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, and Puerto Rico. We carry 180,000 different part numbers covering 185 product lines from dozens of Manufactures.
TPH is actively interviewing candidates at our local Distribution Center for a Administrative Assistant to join the team.
The Distribution Center Administrative Assistant provides high level administrative support to include complex and confidential functions on behalf of the Distribution Center Managers and Supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform assigned administrative programs and projects.
- Greet visitors, answer requests, answer phones, screen/route callers, take messages, and assist in resolving routine problems and inquiries.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments and engagements on behalf of the DC Manager and Supervisors.
- Make arrangements and coordinate all details for meetings, conferences and special events.
- Responsible for interpreting administrative decisions and policies to complete assigned tasks and projects.
- Order office and DC supplies and equipment; organize and maintain department filing systems and other records.
- Assist with creating, maintaining and collecting data for reports, charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases.
- Assist with monitoring and approving departmental expenditures, department budget and account records.
- Make requests for building and equipment repairs and work closely with facilities to ensure that equipment, materials and warehouse space are used effectively.
- May be exposed to confidential information and handle confidential matters.
- Research, analyze and summarize data for reports independently and assist with large project coordination.
- Maintain calendars for management.
- Assist, as needed, with recruiting efforts including prescreening, scheduling interviews and assisting with onboarding.
- Assist with timekeeping and benefits questions, scheduling employee reviews and planning follow-up meetings for the DC manager and Supervisors.
- Assists with Receiving and Inventory Control clerical functions.
- Research and resolve customer related issues and provide feedback to the customer regarding resolution.
- Work closely with the 3PL partners with scheduling and research of discrepancies.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Able to consistently arrive to work, meetings and appointments on time.
- Able to adapt to expected and unexpected changes in the work environment.
- Proficient Communication
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively, listen carefully and respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and interpret information.
- Must pay excellent attention to detail; thoroughly complete a given task.
- Positive Ethical Conduct
- Treat people with respect, cooperate, keep commitments, maintain emotional self-control, work with integrity and uphold organizational values.
- Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take ownership for personal actions, uphold commitments and complete tasks on time. Constantly try to increase productivity and response time.
- Adherence to Safety Guidelines
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, and report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials in a safe and proper manner.
- Computer Proficient
- Intermediate skill level or better and knowledge with using computer applications involving word processing, data entry and/or standard report generation including: Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and internet search software relevant to the position required.
- Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management and general administration.