The Resale Assistant Manager position is responsible for supporting the management of MADE by DWCs Resale Boutique. These duties will include business and program related tasks to provide the necessary support to meet the mission and goals of our social enterprise. This position provides staff support to ensure effective day-to-day store operations, management of fast-moving inventory, ensuring superior customer service practices, and manage ongoing merchandise management tasks. In addition, this position supports the ongoing training and mentorship to support the goals of the transitional jobs program. This position will work closely with various DWC staff, participants, volunteers, consultants, and business partners. This position reports directly to the Social Enterprise Retail & Branding Manager.
- Work closely with the SE Retail & Branding Manager to meet our social enterprise goals including revenue, profitability, and program objectives.
- Provide supportive direction to the resale staff including support with the monthly staff schedule, staff mentoring, and any on-boarding and training as needed.
- Support with weekly deposits and monthly POS revenue reports to the DWC finance staff.
- Provide support to ensure compliance with all city, county, state, and federal employment, retail, and applicable health and safety standards.
- Accountable for store coverage, opening and closing procedures, POS operations, all monies received, daily safe deposits, sales receipts, stocking and inventory, and the protection of assets from internal and external losses.
- Provides on-boarding, scheduling, and supervision of volunteers and engagement of our community partners.
- Oversee systems for inventory management of all product lines including the rotation, mark-downs, and POS utilization; oversee in-store implementation of these duties through staff, volunteers, and DWC participants.
- Support to the management of store supplies within budget including order placement, delivery, pick-up, and accounts payable needs.
- Support the coordinate and support of any in-store events and pop-up shops, as needed.
- Support the implementation of the monthly merchandise and marketing calendar to define merchandising, visual display, and marketing objectives.
- Support implementation of marketing for the website, social media, and other ad campaigns.
- Work with all DWC staff to coordinate scheduling and on-going support to meet the job-readiness and training goals within the social enterprise.
- Ensure excellent customer service is being provided to enhance the MADE by DWC brand.
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the Downtown Womens Center.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (i.e., Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Ability to provide supportive supervision and motivate a team and provide necessary training as needed
- Competent in revenue and finance management to support the finance team in weekly deposits and revenue reports
- Possess skills to exercise and model good judgment, poise, flexibility, and solution-oriented problem-solving under pressure.
- Possess superior communication and relationship building skills with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter and ability to prioritize with limited direction.
This position has supervisory responsibilities of 3-4 part-time staff in conjunction with the department director, and support trainees within the job-readiness and training program.
This job operates in both a professional office and retail environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as, POS systems, inventory management systems, barista equipment, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand on a stool, lift and transport inventory up to 35 lbs., and travel between two sites as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are weekly Monday-Friday (with occasional Saturdays & Sundays) 8:00 am-4:30 pm (with occasional early shift from 6:30 am or late shift to 10:00 pm)
Occasional travel to local retailers for inventory pick-up and pop-up shops is expected for this position.