Up to $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!*
Are you looking for meaningful experience supporting adults with disabilities? Keshet is seeking caring, energetic individuals who have a passion for helping adults lead meaningful, independent lives within their communities. We have several Direct Service Professionals (DSP) openings in Keshet’s Residential setting located in Highland Park. Flexible Hours.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities at $16.50/hour; FREE PAID TRAINING and benefits for eligible employees!
Position Summary: The Direct Support Professional is responsible for delivering direct services to adults in Keshet’s Residential Program. These services provide opportunities to experience a meaningful life in the community and in the home. Keshet’s core values are the driving force behind the culture and impact of this organization and consist of positivity, patience, integrity, communication, respect and teamwork.
Full and Part Time positions available. Typical shifts are weekdays 2:30pm-9pm, 9pm-9am(awake overnights), and weekends 9am-3pm, 3pm-9pm, 9pm-9am(awake overnights).
- Support adults to achieve his/her desires outlined in their individualized Personal Plan - Be their champion!
- Participate in tracking progress towards Personal Plan outcomes and ensure this is recorded timely, consistent, and accurately.
- Contribute towards providing a stable environment that promotes respect and dignity, individual choice and input, and health and safety at all times.
- Teach new daily living skills and help maintain current skills- meal planning and preparations, personal health and hygiene, financial literacy, household maintenance, safety, shopping and decision making.
- Apply training in everyday and emergency situations.
- Communicate with co-workers and work as a team.
- Be reliable and punctual in reporting for scheduled work.
- Be respectful and follow Jewish culture and guidelines.
- Successfully complete FREE training required by all Direct Support Professionals and participate in continued professional growth opportunities - CPR, First Aid, Safety Care, Rule 50, Fire Safety, Bloodborne Pathogens
- Adhere to all Keshet policies and procedures.
- Ability to relate to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and their families
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Understands and demonstrates ethical behavior and practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Patient, reliable, compassionate, able to work independently, and adaptable
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Good problem-solving skills
About Keshet: Keshet is a one-of-a-kind organization that brings classroom experiences, camps, sports, social and vocational activities, and residential opportunities to 600 people with disabilities and special needs each year. For additional information, please visit us at www.Keshet.org.
About the Program: Keshet’s Adult Residential Program is designed to support and empower adults to become fully active members of their community while residing in a warm and caring home that promotes independence and a meaningful life. The program embraces and honors choice, while also helping to build and maintain the skills needed for community living. Each of these homes are located near employment opportunities, shopping, transportation, recreation, and places of worship.