AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
This position is a critical role within S&T Lab operations. It is currently filled with a 30 year+ yarn manufacturing and testing veteran who has intimate knowledge of a wide variety of testing methods and equipment targeted at characterizing AGY’s products for both quality and consistency. Unlike QC/QA technicians, this role focuses upon assisting S&T in its mission to develop new products and improve existing products. The successful candidate will be given the opportunity to work alongside, shadow and learn these tests for a period of up to six months.
Description of Duties:
- Interface and take direction from Director of Glass Science on glass related projects and assignments.
- Receive, complete and report upon various S&T Lab Work Requests sent in by AGY colleagues in S&T, Sales, Manufacturing and QC/QA
- Support S&T Lab functions
- Fraytec Testing
- Keisokki Testing
- Loom Mimic / BFA Testing
- Strand Solids / Yardage - Hundreds of checks. A good portion of this involved supporting L-2 Glass quality.
- Twist Per Inch
- Other Testing - TR260 Fuzz and Powder, Tensile, Microscan, Catenary, Hollow Filaments, Hurstalyzer, Etc...
- Maintain Lab testing equipment
- Use AGY purchasing system to order and track items / consumables for Lab use