POSITION TITLE: Adult Employment Supervisor-VESL
DEPARTMENT: East Bay Community Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Outreach Services
FLSA STATUS: Exempt, Non-Union Position
COMPENSATION: $45,000-$62,400 (includes Bi-lingual Differential)
The Adult Employment Supervisor will lead on helping adults find family-sustaining jobs in Alameda
County and will provide coordination of program staff and activities as assigned by the Program Director.
Specific job activities include developing relationships with employers to match program participants with open positions, providing engaging and effective job readiness training to participants, with an emphasis in job search activities based on the participant’s strengths and interests, and creating and maintaining internal systems to support the success of the program. The Adult Employment Supervisor will also represent La Familia in County meetings and meetings with partners, employers etc. This individual will act as a content expert in the field of adult workforce development and will provide all non-budgetary contract and program management support necessary to fulfill the assigned contract goals and deliverables. The Adult Employment Supervisor will provide technical and administrative supervision to all staff and contractors supporting assigned adult employment programs and will liaise with funders and other stakeholders, including employers. The Adult Employment Supervisor will provide services directly to program participants to complement direct-service staff in the capacities explicitly stated below and as required due to staff capacity gaps.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUCNTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This individual will be responsible for:
1. Adult Employment Development a. Participates in all parts of approved work plan elements for assigned contract, including: i. Identify, adapt, and deliver curriculum related to pre-employment skills (including resume, interviewing), work ethic development, career pathway planning, and other
necessary skills related to employment; Update training workshops/materials as necessary based on participant/supervisory feedback. ii. Lead workshops and events, with an emphasis on 1.) Engaging participants through interactive activities and multimedia and 2.) Creating an environment that facilitates emotional safety and personal growth. iii. Network with employers and other community partners to build a monthly calendar of pro-social events and activities designed to enhance participants’ resume and pre- employability skills; Assist with planning of job fairs, hiring events, field trips, and other related events. iv. Support outreach to engage new clients to participate in programming. v. Work individually with participants to build rapport and complete/collect funder- mandated enrollment documents and assessments; create short- and long-term goals with participants related to education and employment to create participant’s
Individual Service Strategy Plan. vi. Work individually with participants to identify barriers to education and employment; counsel clients one-on-one to resolve/mitigate barriers; provide resources and limited funding as needed. vii. Engage local employers to support work-based learning opportunities, including internships, for enrolled students. viii. Collect and disseminate information on local economy and employment trends to advise employers and partners.
2. Program Design, Enhancement, and Evaluation: a. Lead overall program design, implementation, and strategic planning and program growth in alignment with contract. b. Actively network and collaborate with external stakeholders to enhance program and agency objectives. c. Maintain record systems and produce reports to track attendance, participation, and participant progress. d. Conduct ongoing evaluations of delivered services. e. Lead and collaborate on special projects related to the success of the program, including developing an outreach strategy inclusive of social media. f. Ensures all reports are completed to funders/partners by deadlines
3. Staff Supervision: a. Provide supervision to all assigned employment program specialists and acts as a liaison to assigned employment contract-funded contractors. b. Ensure staff meet assigned grant activities and pursue grant objectives through maintaining processes to track activities, communicating assigned activities and progress to staff, and providing coaching and accountability around staff performance deficits in a timely manner. c. Facilitate and/or coordinate quality training (at on boarding and continuously) for all necessary skills and competencies for program staff to achieve productivity and quality standards. d. Lead and attend regular staff meetings, supervision meetings, and training.
e. Ensure direct reports follow all agency policies and procedures through providing on-going education and reminders on agency policies and procedures and providing coaching and accountability around violations in a timely manner, with an emphasis on Quality
Improvement, Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and other compliance policies and procedures as set by La Familia and the funder. f. Coordinate and maintain adequate team staffing, including collaborating with La Familia
Human Resources for recruitment, retention, performance appraisals, employee discipline, and termination. g. Set employee schedules and approve employee timesheets, time-off requests, and expense reimbursements.
4. Contract Management: a. Serve as a liaison with all funders on all programmatic and operations issues. b. Attend all funder-required meetings, events, and training. c. Ensure delivery of program elements in compliance with contract language. d. Submit all necessary documents and reports to funders by deadlines. e. Work with the supervisor and La Familia Administration to ensure appropriate contract expenditures.
5. Other: a. Provides individual and group supervision to interns as appropriate. b. Provides input and feedback on potential related projects/programs as appropriate. c. Attend training, monitor trade publications, and participate in events relevant to key responsibilities. d. Track and regularly report on key metrics for responsible function areas. e. Leads and collaborates on special projects related to agency objectives as appropriate. f. Other miscellaneous duties as appropriate.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Effective Written and Communication Skills
- Team Collaboration
- Change Agent
- Strong Attention to details
- Results Oriented