Downtown Women's Center is seeking an experienced Video & Multimedia Coordinator. S/he will work closely with the Senior Director of Communication and Development to design a range of video and digital outputs with the goal of driving impact, engaging DWCs diverse audiences, and helping to position DWC within the wider policy environment. S/he should demonstrable video & multimedia production abilities, as well as experience working in a fast-paced, creative environment. S/he should have strong design and video editing skills, in addition to experience with shooting, sound recording, and interviewing. S/he will ideally have a passion for current affairs, campaigning, and advocacy. This position will work as part of a team of the communication and development team and will report directly to the Senior Director of Communication and Development.
- Create a range of videos and other visual outputs such as photography and communication collateral to help achieve DWCs communication and advocacy objectives.
- Key deliverables will include production/editing of short videos and photography for distribution on social media and websites as well as the creation of social media graphics and assets.
- Lead on developing video and multimedia concepts, proposals and scripts in close collaboration with the Senior Director of Communication and Development.
- Ensure all content is on brand, and that participants have been prepared and protected in accordance with DWC guidelines.
- Provide creative and technical expertise to the Communication and Development teams in creative projects such as the creation of collateral materials.
- Provide print-ready artwork to meet the design needs.
- Coordinate printing with outside printers and other vendors.
- Other duties as assigned, to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (i.e., Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Creativity. Able to find new and innovative way to engage and tell stores to our audiences on different social platforms and traditional media.
- Problem solving. Able to convey complex information in a straightforward, interesting, and motivating way.
- Advanced skills and proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite - including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Flexibility. Prepared to work under deadlines and manage different personalities.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and production space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Able to stand and/or walk for an extended periods of time, must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with flexibility to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
To local events as needed
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Associates Degree is preferred
- Experience in video production, photography, and graphics design is required
- 2+ years of professional work experience
Downtown Women's Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, genetic information, national origin and ancestry, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, military and veteran status or medical condition. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.