The Product Division Coordinator position is responsible for managing the production flow and demand planning of the social enterprise, MADE by DWC, branded product line. The production process includes all aspects from prototypes and sample making, to scheduling and planning, to production coordination, to packaging and quality control, to inventory. This position will ensure that every product meets our quality and brand standards and the production schedule is on time. This position will train and support our job-training program participants, and work alongside the MADE by DWC social enterprise team of staff, clients, and volunteers. This position reports directly to the Merchandise & Sales Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the production team including team scheduling
- Develop and maintain production schedule to meet inventory needs
- Set and manage production milestones to ensure on-time product launch and/or updates
- Collaborate with the team on product development, sampling, and testing to support and ensure products meet our quality and brand standards.
- Train and support the Transitional Associates through training curriculum to meet program goals
- Ensure production standards are met, approve product at each level of production
- Manage supply and raw material ordering
- Submit check requests, expense reports and credit card reconciliation
- Collaborate with logistics team on finished goods and raw materials demand planning
- Coordinate with finance on accounts receivable
- Lead cross functional team to govern pop-up shops manage all details, attend as needed
- Support account managers and overall H&G operations
- Develop and prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual production reports
- Direct volunteers program, create your area training curriculum and coordinate schedule for division
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the DWC and MADE by DWC
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the agency
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Proven ability to engage and lead others
- Proven ability to develop and implement plans, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience in production, demand planning, and process flow
- Advanced proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office Suite, and inventory management software
- Active listening and problem solving skills, a solution-oriented attitude, and good judgment
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment and production space. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, and production equipment such as wax & soap melters, drill press, manual printing press, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time, must be able to lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a need for flexibility to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
Between our two sites, and to off-site events as needed.