The Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining LifeCenter Northwest’s (LCNW) general ledger. The Accounting Manager directs and coordinates the daily activities of the accounting staff to accurately record the revenues, expenditures, assets and liabilities of LCNW and prepares monthly and annual financial statements. Other duties include supervising the payroll functions of the department, managing staff and preparing other analysis as directed.
- Plans, organizes, and monitors the implementation of effective accounting strategies.
- Oversees all general accounting functions including accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and payroll.
- Ensures compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Assists in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and ensures consistent application and compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Manages and leads staff and is responsible for performance and training opportunities.
- Ensures effective communication and coordination with team personnel, management, and senior leadership.
- Successfully manages groups (e.g., committees, workgroups, and staff teams).
- Works in concert with Quality & Regulatory Affairs (QRA) Department to reduce risk and ensure quality processes are in place.
- Together with VPFA, establishes the long-term and short-term direction and focus for the accounting department.
- Routinely engages in processes to improve management of costs and potentially reduce costs.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of a scalable accounting system that allows for the increased demand for the accounting function.
- Reviews and approves departmental invoices, timesheets and expense reports.
- Reviews and approves complex healthcare reimbursement based on CMS reimbursement rates for CMS Form 1500 billing.
- Reviews and approves donor hospital bills based on approved payment methodologies.
- Performs detailed review of work product generated by staff.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Coordinates monthly, quarterly and annual closing activities.
- Maintains an accurate, up-to-date general ledger.
- Responsible for day-to-day banking procedures and processes, including monitoring cash flow.
- Responsible for generation and distribution of all month-end financial reports as well as any interim reports as requested.
- Coordinates the external audit and responsible for the preparation of materials requested in connection with audits conducted by independent outside auditors.
- Together with the VPFA, prepares the work papers for the filing of the IRS Form 990
- Responsible for monthly estimates for the annual Medicare Cost Report receivable/payable and prepares and files the report annually.
- Creates components of annual budget as directed by the VPFA.
- Determines appropriate methodology for building budgets based on thorough understanding of the organization’s operations.
- Conducts monthly analysis of financial performance versus budget, focusing on identifying controllable variances and providing recommendations for improvement.
Values: The employee in this position must uphold the core values of LifeCenter; these include:
- Integrity: Honesty, transparency, and reliability are paramount in all we do.
- Collaboration: We strive to work in partnership with others, internally and externally, and to find common ground and shared goals to build upon together.
- Service: We honor our obligation to be good stewards of the gift of life and our commitment to serve others as we carry out our mission.
- Courage: We stand up for what is right and our decisions and actions always support our mission.