AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
The Process Engineer is accountable for supporting the advanced materials batch house and marble operations, from batch formulation to the complete melting process, including refining and conditioning.
Description of Duties:
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are properly applied.
- Support batch houses and furnaces operation.
- Partner with maintenance to resolve process breakdowns in batch and furnace areas.
- Coach, train and educate primary employees and technicians in batch, furnace and forming processes.
- Implement batch formulation as required to maintain consistent glass chemistry and quality.
- Perform routine furnace inspections to identify hot repair needs. Coordinate the execution of these repairs.
- Participate in the planning and execution of furnace rebuild projects, including heat-up and glass filling processes.
- Work with Senior Engineers on implementing new processes, and project execution.
- Be able to provide after hour and weekend support as required.