Provides appropriate and accurate dispensing, medical and medical support services, including information, referral and follow-up to members enrolled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispenses methadone dosages to members following State, Federal and CODAC policies.
- Secures methadone and other medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Makes home or agency visits when appropriate to provide methadone dispensing, medial support services and assessment.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in evaluation and assessment of members.
- Collaborates with physicians, prescribers, and clinical staff to promote member recovery.
- Completes appropriate medical procedures and makes necessary referrals.
- Coordinates medical care with primary physician and other health care providers.
- Observes members behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment.Reports assessment to provider or clinical staff for follow-up.
- Provides methadone medication delivery as ordered by physician.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Coordinates and or provides education specific to identified medical needs.
- Provides nutritional advising and support.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings, psychiatric appointments and clinical staffing's.
- Administers injections to members when necessary.
- Serves on agency committees as appropriate.
- Secures medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.