AGY is a world leader in supplying high performance materials in the form of glass fiber yarns and reinforcements. Our glass fiber material is used in a broad range of markets, including Automotive, Construction, Defense, Electronics, Aerospace, Marine and Recreation. AGY has offices in Lyon, France and world headquarters is in Aiken, South Carolina.
As a Shift Supervisor, you will lead and motivate a production team ensuring that production, quality and safety goals are met.
Principle Responsibilities include:
• Train employees to perform job functions to best of their ability
• Encourage new ways of looking at problems and solutions
• Run assigned processes to specification and react to manufacturing problems
• Meet product efficiency standards and control operational cost
• Promote a safe work environment
• Monitor quality control standards and performance
• Work directly with Manufacturing Engineers in problem solving
• Schedule and obtain overtime
• Recordkeeping for time and attendance
• Maintain excellent cleanliness and order in the work area